It’s been quite the hectic few weeks at MGA – a new office that is half the size of our old one, and the purging of items accumulated over nearly 25 years in one spot. It's been a bittersweet experience for many here. Reflecting that, below are some thoughts offered up by MGA employees on moving and change.
Mike: Moving is good! Doubt it? Ask anyone in residence in a cemetery!
- Change is inevitable – except from a vending machine. – Robert C. Gallagher
- If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we aren't really living. – Gail Sheehy
Jennifer: “People are afraid of change. People say, I can’t do this or that. Why? Because I’d have to change something. Well, yes: You should change. The idea of change makes them nervous, but I think change is good. Always. “ – Tom Hanks. In our case, I’m looking forward to the change, but I liked the optimism of his comment. Even the changes we don’t want often turn out for the best.
- Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or the present are certain to miss the future. – John F. Kennedy. I always have been a fan of President Kennedy and the vision he had for our country, especially space travel. I think this quote aptly applies to MGA’s move because we are looking to the future while celebrating our past.
- To change and change for the better are two different things. – German Proverb. In MGA’s case, our move definitely is a change for the better.
- Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. – Albert Einstein
- Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened. – Dr. Seuss
- You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. – C. S. Lewis
- If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself. – Henry Ford
- We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. – Walt Disney
Raquel: They say that time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. – Andy Warhol
- Life is Change. Growth is Optional. Choose Wisely. – W. Somerset Maugham.
- …Look on every exit as being an entry somewhere else. – Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead (1967)
- Moving on, is a simple thing, what it leaves behind is hard. – Dave Mustaine (Megadeth founder/lead guitarist/singer)
Jim: I’m excited about the move. Now I can take the stairs!
Kip: If you do not think about your future, you cannot have one. – John Galsworthy, English novelist, playwright
Cricket: This move just about did me in.*
Do you have a favorite quote or thought on moving or life changes? Please share it in the comments!
*We are so glad it didn't!